Lady Sylvanas and the Forsaken quest line - Silverpine Forest

*** WARNING SILVERPINE QUEST LINE SPOILERS ***
*** Don't read ahead if you don't want to know ***

I completed the Silverpine Forest Quests and Hillsbrand Foothills Quests today, and I really enjoyed the storyline!  Of course since I am a huge fan of Sylvanas (see my previous post on Inspiring Imagery) it probably made it that much more enjoyable, and of course I got to do the quest with the line:

Garrosh Hellscream: "What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?"
Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: "Isn't it obvious, Warchief?  I serve the Horde."
Garrosh Hellscream: "Watch your clever mouth, bitch."

 
I especially like the part in the quest line where I was riding with my heroine, and she had a little heart to heart with me, about what happened to her.















The Gilneas part of the quest chain added a lot.  I didn't realise that Worgen could not be raised as undead, and that made the little quests all that more interesting.  Lord Vincent Godfrey, from Gilneas, hated the Worgen so he committed suicide when his king, Genn Graymane revealed himself to be a Worgen and Godrey's attempts to destroy him are foiled by alliance players.  As part of a quest, I go there with one of the Val'kyr and we take his body to be brought back to undeath as a Forsaken.

However, you could see that Godfrey was not like the others, he arose with his own agenda, and was burning for revenge.  One quest takes you to Pyrewood Village, where he burns the previous Gilnean settlement's inn, chapel and town hall, and a separate quest in the same area, was to look for cowering forsaken.  When you find them, they are shot by Godfrey for being cowards.  A bit harsh I thought.  But little did I see what was coming.

We kidnap Lorna Crowley, the daughter of Lord Darius Crowley, who is the leader of the Gilneas Liberation Front and use her as a bargaining chip for the withdrawal and surrender of Worgen forces from the Gilneas Liberation Front.  Lorna has not got the worgen curse, and is thus susceptible to being ressurected as Forsaken, and Sylvanas uses this as leverage to gain Crowley's surrender.

Crowley retreats, and Lorna is released, and Godfrey turns on Sylvanas and shoots and kills her!  (Talk about an epic shot, 34361 K damage!).  He runs away screaming that Lordaeron will be his!



The coward then retreats with his followers to Shadowfang Keep, where he is the last boss.  Sylvanas is ressurected by her 3 Val'kyr (Agatha, Arthura and Daschla) at the cost of their own existence.  She reveals that in death, there is nothing but darkness, and is certain that the Val'kyr are the future for the Forsaken.


Comments

  1. And then the game finishes, because from that point, the game sucks a lot =(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(