PTR 4.3 Resto druid Wild Growth nerf

Well, it didn't take long for the druid blogosphere to get on this!  I started writing but some people beat me to it :) (Hey I was working!!!)
  • Wild Growth healing has been reduced by 20%
  • Glyph of Wild Growth now also increases the cooldown on Wild Growth by 2 seconds
So what do I think of it?

Well, my healing will take a dive now.  Not that I mind particularly, because I did think druids needed a bit of a nerf (ducks for cover from branch-slapping from other resto druids).  Though I liked sitting at the top of heal meters and charts, I did think it made it a little too easy - I like to do a bit of work on my heals!

This will make it interesting for those AOE fights that I like using it for, like Majordomo where I feel like I have to use it constantly for the scorpion phase.  Or even during seeds phase in Rag, though I think I will still be able to get 2 off.

At least they didn't say that they would increase the mana cost.  I'd hate for that to happen.  I would have to think more about it when I use it then.

Even Ghostcrawler said this:
We’re okay with Resto druids using Wild Growth frequently, but we think we allowed it to become too powerful given its ease of use. As I suggested above, this may or may not be sufficient to nerf Resto druid throughput overall. The change to the Glyph of Wild Growth has positive and negative elements. We heard from druids that they felt like they didn’t have as many major glyph choices as intended, since the Glyph of Wild Growth was such a no-brainer for raiding druids -- it increased the number of Wild Growth targets with no downside. We want major glyphs to be a decision, which usually involves them having some kind of downside. With the AE heals, we thought the downside might be that the healers may not be using their AE heals necessarily, but having seen two raid tiers of content now, we’re confident that the glyphs did not have as much of a downside. (We changed the Glyphs of Circle of Healing and Light of Dawn for similar reasons).

It wasn't that long ago when WG got a buff, and basically they're just taking that buff away.  Gosh, actually that buff might have been a year ago - how time flies!

I am interested how that will affect my healing come 4.3.  But for now, I'm going to examine logs a bit more carefully and see how much WG I'm actually doing and how much it contributes to my overall healing.

Comments