So this is my one that started it all...

Cymre at Bubbles of Mischief asked to see our very first screenshot - one that has survived the test of time and hard drive fails and new computers.
Show us your very first screenshot from the game. Tell us about it, including the date, what you remember about the photo and who was in it with you. Do they still play?
Digging around in my old files, this was the oldest picture I found.  It's like looking at the clothes you wore in the 80s... (like, OMG what was I wearing!!!)


This was taken in February 2006.  I don't remember what level I was, but it looks like I was 40s or 50s.  It was taken in Zul'Farrak, near Gahz'rilla's pool.  Hyades, my husband was a tauren warrior and he used to tank up till Lich King.  He doesn't play WoW anymore.  Mockjaw was my epal (think penpals but via email) that I had since my medical school days... so I think we were friends since about 1995 or so.  And we used to send lots of long emails until we played WoW and then we got lazy and we talk to each other in game now via RealID.  He even made his toon on my server so we could talk more (back in the days of no RealID).  Flimsy was a friend of his, and they were quite good friends, but they ended up having a falling out.  Mockjaw still plays though, but I don't know about Flimsy.

OMG what am I wearing???  I cringe looking at my eyesore clothes, I can imagine Kamalia looking at it and saying Tsk Tsk Tsk Navi what are you wearing???  In this era of Transmog, you can't go around looking like that anymore, or the Transmog police will descend on you.

Comments

  1. That was an early one! I don't really remember you dressed that way, the top looks familiar though. /wave Mockjaw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cymre - I was surprised that was my first one! I thought I had older ones...

      Delete
  2. The oufit ... but your hair looks lovely! I remember back in BC I didn't want to use the boots that were the best stats for me cause I thought they were ugly, lol. I decided to use them but never come out of cat form!

    /wave to young pre-transmog Navi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TotA - you know, I DO look young there, it's weird huh! You know, it would be cool if our characters aged as we levelled. I think that would be awesome :)

      Delete
  3. LoL, Navi! <3

    Looks to me like that kilt is the Windscale Sarong from the Avatar of Hakkar in Sunken Temple. Your hat looks like the Heirloom +Int leather hat -- I don't remember at the moment what the original version (that you would actually have been wearing at that time) was called. I can't see your chestpiece with the tabard. I think those are the Archer's gloves? And I don't know what the belt and shoulders are.

    Pre-transmogrification, I made an RP outfit with the Windscale Sarong using the cloth Arachnidian chestpiece. I'll have to see what I can come up with for a Transmogrification-friendly outfit using the Windscale Sarong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kamalia - Now that you mention it, I do remember wearing that at some point. Definitely not the heirloom hat - if I didn't know better I would think I was wearing one of those mageweave headbands. I look forward to seeing your Windscale Sarong outfit!

      Delete
    2. Here you go! <3

      http://kamaliaetalia.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/windscale-sarong-transmogrification-template-kit-ideas/

      Delete
  4. Silly, Navi. Leveling should not count as far as outfits go. I mean, have you SEEN some of the outfits my wee toons were wearing in my 2012 post? lolol

    However, this makes me wonder about doing a WoW version of What Not to Wear. hehe

    Oh my! There is an idea for a contest! Biggest Eyesore transmog! I have several pieces and combinations coming to me already!

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Effy - OMG that is a fantastic idea! Even I will enter that one!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! Looking forward to seeing all these in my RSS reader. I'd post my first screenshot but as a screenies blogger, it's been used many, many times :L

    *refreshes google reader furiously*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rioriel - Rio thanks for visiting! Oh my, the daily screenshot blogger himself, why did he drop by and look at one of my WORST screenshots?? /hides face in shame

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(