Navi's thoughts: Symptoms and signs of a healer who shouldn't be healing
I saw Matticus' post on WoWInsider - 6 signs healing is not for you. And immediately to mind came a whole host of ridiculous things that I wanted to reply to his post, but it's so goddamn difficult to post replies on WoWInsider that it's much easier if I just write it here myself and have a giggle.
These are the 6 signs that healing is not for you, according to Matticus:
- You spend more time DPSing than healing
- You aren't very quick
- You're unhappy
- Your skin isn't thick enough
- You're too mentally fatigued
- You have zero patience
If you ask me, this person sounds, unfortunately, like a low self esteem teenager with anger management issues. In fact, that list above, could apply to a tank. Except substitute point 1's healing for tanking.
|From Nerfnow.com - oh right you can see it up in the top left corner.|
So I had to make my own list about 6 signs healing is not for you. And because I'm not on WoWInsider or have a ton of readers, nor do I have anyone who reads my blog that is easily offended, I don't have to be politically correct about it.
- You have a personality clash with all the tanks in the guild or raid, and you'd rather see them dead than have to heal them.
- Other people have told you about more spells to heal with than you actually had on your bar (I think everyone who raided in this guild in LK knows who I am talking about).
- You think it's OK to AFK to alt tab and check the footy scores in the middle of a boss fight (LOL I had to put this in because hunters can do this)
- You don't like wearing dresses because that's what all holy/resto gear seems to look like (OMG, I think I've just realised why a lot of healing toons are female.. or blood elves)
- If warlocks in your raid/group are doing more healing than you.
- You're blind. All those blind guys that play WoW are DPSers. What does that tell you. However, you can be deaf and be a good healer. It will probably make you a better healer if you're deaf, because you don't have to listen to everyone on Vent saying stuff like
- "I'm dead" - like I can't see that. I am a healer you know.
- "I need heals" - see the "I'm Dead" comment.
- "Battle rez me, battle rez me. I asked you to rez me" - If I haven't rezzed you it's because you're not important or because I'm actually busy doing something, like healing.