Shared topic - What NPC would I choose to be?

If Blizzard added your main as an NPC in WoW, where would they be located and what would be their function? Give us a shot illustrating the fact.
This is an interesting topic put out by Cymre this week.  I must admit I had never considered having my main as an NPC in WoW, but I had wanted to have an item in the game named after me - if only I could be as famous as Phaelia!  Phaelia was a really famous druid blogger, whom I used to read religiously.  Her blog, Resto 4 Life, was one of the most famous resto druid blogs in its day.  Phaelia had an item in World of Warcraft named after her, and I thought that was totally awesome -


Phaelia left World of Warcraft to have a baby and this was a clear tribute to her.  You can read her thoughts on the awesome item here.

I was so excited, I actually OWNED one when it dropped in Ulduar!  Back then, nobody knew who Phaelia was, and I was a bit quiet on the blog front back then, just blogging what our guild was doing and stuff.  But when I mentioned it recently, something my guildies and friends said had NEVER occurred to me...

That Phaelia was obviously a pun or play on the word FAILURE.

I seriously had never noticed that!  When they all said that I was indignant - how dare they say Phaelia was a failure!  But then I realised what they were saying.... and I wish Phaelia was around to ask whether this was true or not.  It probably is true, I'm just the only dumbassed one around here who doesn't see things in front of her face.

Just for fun, last month I made an item named after myself... still high after winning the Transmog competition.


OK, I've gone off topic.  I'm supposed to be talking about an NPC that I would like to have named after myself.  It's actually quite a hard thing to choose.

I thought I would like to be a druid trainer.  But then that I don't know everything about all my specs, so that seems to be a bit... presumptuous.  Overstepping my station perhaps.

Maybe I could be a seller of bags and things, like Fabian Lanzonelli and Haris Pilton.  But somehow that doesn't quite appeal to me, even though I do like making bags IRL and in game.

Then it hit me.  I want to be a fishing trainer.  I love fishing.  I want to be a fishing trainer in one of the new places in Mists of Pandaria!  So this is what I want to be dressed like:


Salty Navimie [Fishing Trainer]

I like the sound of that!

Edit: OMG, I have done NEXT week's shared topic! /sheepish /hide

Comments

  1. Damn it the (fishing trainer) didn't show after the salty navimie because I used <>... Will fix when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! You're post is about a day early though... were you planning on doing this week's one about top three items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, there are rules to this stuff?! So many rules! RULES! ARGH!

      Delete
  3. Damn I thought this was this weeks one! And was worried I was late :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe I was wondering if you were time travelling, but in the end figured it was a good head start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were early, I always check and see I'm too late on topics I'd like to post about so thank you for the wake up call Salty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know, I never saw anything that Phaelia was a pun on the word Failure and I live with a huge punster. And yeah, I am/was a huge Resto4Life fan myself :D

    I need to get some Shared Topics up. Maybe I'll do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, and what I want to know is how did you make that art for your gloves?!? I have a few items I would like to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matty - I used http://www.wowitemcreator.com/ it's pretty cool!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I'd been wondering how you made that, too. Looks like a fun site to play around with!

      Wait, Phaelia is a pun? Really? I never guessed.

      You'd be an awesome fishing trainer :D

      Delete
  8. Are you surprised?
    http://wowsugar.blogspot.com/2012/06/npc-for-hire-sexy-librarian.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @dragonray - I am still embarrassed!
    @TotA - LOL now I am TOTALLY late for the other shared topic :)
    @Karegina - I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't recognise it as a pun on failure :) maybe it's a druid thing eh Karegina? :)
    @Matty - Sexy Librarian! You should be in the Mummy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! In my dreams I am....! Kissing Brendan Fraser! Thank you do much for that link...can't wait to try it out!

      Delete
  10. Great post and I too had never spotted the failure/Phaelia link. OMG I Phael ;p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(