Monday PVP - First rated BG win with guildies

So.  Ground rules were set.  I don't want to lead a rated BG when veterans like Sev and Aza are around.  Except Aza gets angry and yells sometimes (and makes me scared - think of how these puggers would be!) and Sev is just shy.  I don't know what these other guys who aren't guildies think of it - they're all Jinj's friends, after all.

So Tacky came along for the experience.  The experience of having our faces smeared all over the ground!  The first rated BG we did was Eye of the Storm - and I suck at figuring out what to do for that BG!  That was a quick loss.

The second was a Gilneas I think, and we got 3 capped.  That was painful too.

Then we did a Twin peaks which was actually a really good game, we were 2 all and we lost because the other team capped last at the time out.  We all felt really encouraged I think after that one!  Lushnek was flag carrying but he is still a bit squishy :P

Then Tacky had to leave so we brought Gutsy in.  We did a Gilneas and the other team wasn't well rated and we won that with a 3 cap.  That was pretty exciting, and for some of our team it was their first rated BG win as well!

So our team was made up of:

Healers: Navi, Jinjersnaps, Gutsy/Mctacky
DPS: Azadelta, Lushnek, Sevros, Shabadu, Arashikage(warrior), Parmenien (pally), Katrathar (hunter)


I might have to research things to figure out how we can do this better.  I guess learning to play as a team is the first thing.  Sev, Shab and I play together a lot so we communicate well between ourselves, so I guess if we get to that level with everyone else, then it will be a nice oiled machine.  Arashikage was right though, we need a real tank.  Perhaps I should start spending conquest points on feral gear... UGH.

LIKE I HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH CRAP IN MY BAGS ALREADY WITH RAID HEALING GEAR, PVP HEALING GEAR, CAT GEAR, BEAR GEAR AND NOW PVP FERAL GEAR!

Ok maybe that was a bit loud.  But my bag space!!!

Here is some light reading for me
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973024237

Comments

  1. Grats on the win!

    Can I apply for the real tank position? Lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were looking for you tonight :) but Monday morning you prolly have that damned thing called work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That link was a great read. Pretty interesting stuff. Sounds like a rogue would be a great asset to have especially being able to smoke bomb the efc to prevent them receiving heals. Having a cc team for capping vulnerable nodes and a stall team were also great ideas. Too bad we don't have a rogue or a prot warrior. Can't say Sev and I make a good stall team after getting squished at WW yesterday :P

    Still, I think we learnt alot from yesterday and even though our team comp wasn't ideal, at least we're all decent pvpers. Maybe we can try a few more times with this team comp and if we feel like we hit a wall we can try to change it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might summarise it in a blog post, because it was such a good read (I stayed up late reading it). The wall of text is off putting and applying it to our situation would be really useful I think. I have some ideas and we can work on them and see how that works.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(