My Fox Farming Map

I used to just randomly wander around in Tol Barad Peninsula killing foxes, but after reading Bear's post about how he got his fox, I thought I would map out a path to allow for a bit of time efficiency.

Doing my dailies helps reduce the grind.  I decided that I'm only going to do just one round, two rounds max, and I have to be doing my dailies so it doesn't feel like such a chore.

Fortunately for me a have a plethora of salutiferous spells I can use if I'm doing it as a healer.  I pull so many mobs when I'm trying to quest, and if I wasn't a healer I'm sure I'd be dead.  I must have the worst situation awareness when it comes to mobs because I end up with at least 4 on me and I struggle to kill them... and if I'm half paying attention, I'll be dead!

So here's my little map:


I start at the Horde quest area then go clockwise.  I tell you what bugs me in the peninsula:
  • Those zombie pirates in Cape of Lost Hope.  They agro so easily!
  • Getting lumber.  I always get stuck in the corner where Wellson (the guy on the horse) keeps spawning and so I am continually fighting him.
  • Dead foxes that I didn't kill.  Waaaaah!
  • That shark.  So stealthy.
  • Why do I always agro the spiders I don't need?  When I need big ones the little ones agro and when I need little ones the big ones are agroing on me!
I just realised that I still have 2 mounts to get from the TB quartermaster and 2 mounts to get in Argent Tournament.  So I'll be doing rounds of dailies for a while yet.

Comments

  1. I hope you have good fox luck. I just did the dailies every day and killed the foxes along the way. After a while I sort of forgot why I was even killing them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have restrained myself from telling Mrs Bear that everytime I killed a fox I pretended I heard her voice saying "Good luck!" It hasn't worked yet. I think I need a new good luck tactic. And she probably thinks I'm a bit odd...

      Delete
  2. "I pull so many mobs when I'm trying to quest, and if I wasn't a healer I'm sure I'd be dead. I must have the worst situation awareness when it comes to mobs because I end up with at least 4 on me"

    Trust me, it's got nothing to do with situational awareness - everything except for the ghosts on Largo's Outlook have absurdly large aggro radii, especially the zombies on Forgotten Hill. Hnhnghnghngnhghnh--SO MUCH ANGER at those stupid zombies.

    I've been doing Tol Barad recently on two separate characters to get the mounts myself, and there's SUCH a world of difference between my death knight in Firelands/DS/Valor Point gear and my retadin wearing heroics (original heroics - not even troll ones!) and some 359 gear. Luckily, my paladin will be done next time we control the island - 12 badges and she is OUTTA HERE, after buying the spectral wolf.

    Good luck on the fox - I kill every one I pass while questing, sometimes twice, and have nothing but a pile of vendored Indurate Fangs to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time you have about 40+ of them at least when you vendor it you feel like you made SOME gold...
      Good luck to you too with your fox kit!

      Delete
  3. This is incredibly helpful, Navi! As always, your aid is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed Alliance have it easiest! If you start at your quest area and go clockwise, you get the most red dots!

      Delete
  4. Seems we still have this in common. GL with yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too Cym! I just hope we're not farming at the same time :)

      Delete
  5. I hunt down these foxes while fishing in tol. Still no fox kit still no turtle mount!!

    One of my guildies is also hunting down the fox and this weekend said it perfectly "If the fox would just give me her baby then I would stop slaughtering all the foxes into extinction"

    Good Luck on ur fox!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pando, I hear you! Though I don't think I've killed enough yet to be complaining - but perhaps doing the dailies is what has me mind numbed to the pain of the grind of it. Good luck on your fox! I am sure there will be a big blog post about it when you get it :)

      Delete
  6. I got mine by just going after every fox I saw when doing my dailies, not really doing a "route". I got lucky though and got it off fox #15 or so, the 5th fox I killed on my second day near the westernmost bridge south of Rustberg Village.

    I don't know what spec you quest in TB as but if you're a LFR geared bear or higher, you should be able to pull 10 - 15 mobs and smack them into oblivion. That is what I do on my druid and with AOE looting, it will get even easier come patch 5.0!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(