A PuG Transserver 25 man Ulduar


I saw last week that Shumii on Songblossom (LOL I couldn't remember his name correctly, I've been calling him Songflower!) and Malaetus were doing Ulduar 25 with a PuG and knocking out a ton of achievements.  And I noticed they got Alone in the Darkness.  Now, to do that in a PuG was pretty impressive because you would need a full group for it.


So I got a tell from the organiser while I was in a battleground and so I recognised the name as the person that Malaetus said had organised it, so I said I was in.  I did wonder why he was doing all achievements but he said that he was trying for Mimiron's head mount.  And the group did try to listen, which was good, and the organiser said that he'd done about 70 of these PuG runs so he had his strategy for them down pat for the drake achievements.

So except for Vezax where waiting for the Animus to spawn and some healers not knowing what to do (and DPSers for that matter) it was pretty clean and they got all their achievements for the mount.  I already have the mount, so doing those achievements is a bit /yawn, but I was happy to be able to go there for a chance at some transmog gear, as well as to get Alone in the Darkness.  And I'm sorry but there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to do Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare.  Damn, that reminds me I'm supposed to do the Dwarfageddon for Souglyy some time.  I'll remember to do that before Sunday some time, hope it doesn't stuff up the 25 man (shouldn't do, as no boss would be killed)

And amazingly we did it!  Was damn messy though!  In the last phase nobody tanked the adds so they beat up on me and I died.  Lush died too.  I didn't see any crazy people thank goodness but I was damned close to going insane.




It was good for all those people who came because they walked out with an Ironbound Proto-drake.  However, for me, who has all those achievements, I looked at the achievements that we weren't doing, and I thought that maybe I can do that with my guildies, a small group of 10 or so.  And if Arv wants to tag along, we could use the extra tank!  I suppose I could tank (gulp).  Sounds like a good project for next week (Sunday night), because we'll need to do some of these:

Comments

  1. Grats on more achievement points :)

    Killing those Iron Dwarves was the bane of my life back when Ulduar was current content. Somehow every raid we seemed to have someone who needed the stupid achievement :(

    Along with "Can we do VoA", it became a bit of standing joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Erinys - TY! And yes those Iron Dwarves... I have done it so many times I forget, and I have to be in a GOOD mood if I feel like doing it. LOL and that's so funny, Iron Dwarves, and does anyone want to do VoA were the "groan eliciting" comments that were part of our guild injokes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got to do a pug as well as all the guild ones you do. Lucky things. Grats on the achievements. You've surpassed me by a long way now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cymre - you should look for them, they do all the achievements. I see a few in trade these days. And some are run by quite reputable people! I was torn between heroic 25 ICC and that Ulduar one, but I figured can do ICC one again.. some time.

      Delete
  4. Man, is should have gone on that run afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depending on what time it is here (and your interest), I can always bring Saintvache to do a little tanking for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see you on at the times I raid JD :) I think work gets in the way! Either that or sleep :P

      Delete
  6. I should be able to go tanky for you guys, just let me know what time =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to seeing you Sunday Arv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(