Achievements this week in PvP

After a long drought of achievements, this week I managed to snag a few PvP achievements!


I was with Shab and Falln earlier in the week, and I wasn't planning on doing it, but we were assaulting and we were cruising for a win, but I had died and rezzed next to the bombs and the blue gate.  So I ran bombs to the blue gate to get my achievement - and boy was I feeling guilty for slacking off in the BG!  Still won it though :)


Last night Shab, Sev and I were doing some BGs, and Gilneas was/is the PvP weekend.  Shab queued for it and we did our LH standard opening and I managed to cap both LH and WW for this achievement.  Was a nice comfortable win too.  Sev got the strops at me because I ran to help defend waterworks and left him by himself at lighthouse causing us to lose that node (like they've NEVER DONE THAT TO ME BEFORE).  However, I managed to cap waterworks back so it's not that bad right??  I swear, I always play worse when I don't have my headset on.  I seem to run off and do my own thing a fair bit, compared to when I'm wearing my headset and it feels like I should be helping my teammates.  I think I'm the same way when it comes to raiding - it's like I'm in my own world!


The last week I have been trying to get my last win for this achievement without much success.  In fact, we lost by 10 points earlier in the week with got me all huffity!  But this time we were winning, though only JUST - it was a close game!  I think our teams were quite evenly matched - as soon as we uncapped one of theirs they'd uncap one of ours, and it was going on for a while.  Shab was really persistent - I think he managed to cap two in that BG at least.

I gemmed for a bit of PvP power but I still feel like I go down like a sack of stones.  I think one reason is that I'm not seeing the dispellable debuffs on me like I used to, so I'm not dispelling myself aggressively which is making it hard for me to outheal some of the damage.  Of course with the long CD on dispel that's going to be crap anyway.  But it's variable - a few stuns and then being burned down by a warlock/mage/paladin combo is always painful, but one on one warriors and ret pallies of equal level to myself is not so bad.  But I still can't kill anything atm to save my life.  That sucks.

Comments

  1. Grats :)

    I'm so sick of bomb related achievements in pvp, currently averaging about 1 bomb a game in sota :(

    (people keep knocking gates down too fast).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said try for it when you die and red next to a gate that's still standing. Bomb running was super quick.

      Delete
  2. Grats on all your achievees! Hmmm, now I know why you always queued us up for AB all the time, lol. How close are you to being exalted with The Defilers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you know why :D Oh I'm not that close, about 12,000 rep to go...

      Delete
  3. I hate when this happens, I read this early with coffee on the iPad and wanted to say something and now I have no idea what it was.

    So instead "I seem to run off and do my own thing a fair bit, compared to when I'm wearing my headset ... it's like I'm in my own world!"

    So that's why I do it! I need to put a headset on, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wonder why I change when I put my headset on? Must have +89 int on them.

      Delete
  4. oo grats on your veteran! How close does that put you to your Master?

    I'm thinking of working on that one next - finally finished Master of Isle of Conquest so need a new PvP goal!

    Sophs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(