Our final Dragon Soul raid

What a melodramatic title.  Technically it's not our last, because it's not like it's going anywhere.  However, it is our last week before patch.  Time to say goodbye to level 85 raids when we were max level.  It was our last heroic Dragon Soul raid before Mists of Pandaria.  This time next week, we will no longer be together as a 10 man, we will be levelling, fighting for quest mobs and exploring the wonderful new land and seeing the new scenes, monsters, allies...

/wipes a virtual tear

So you'd think we would be running like a well oiled machine right? 

... not quite.

Can you believe we wiped on Morchok?  Yes, we were confused who was supposed to be running to the first crystal and kabam!  Whoops, dead raid.

Things went smoothly again after that.  Until Ultraxion.  We blame Gutsy :)  It was his first time trying Disc, and he never really stayed out for twilight before, and so he kinda forgot on the 3rd twilight that he was supposed to stay out... and we died.  LOL.

After that, we made it to Madness and we got to the last platform and Fue and Seven died!  Whoops!  So we were at 5.5 million and I thought man, I don't want to wipe, but we ended up pushing through it and controlling those silly bloods and phew, we had it!  Talk about a close call.

Drumroll.... who wins the Lifebinder's Handmaiden?

And the winner is.... Fueghan!

AGAIN!  He wins the Firelands mount and the Dragon Soul one!  Talk about lucky dice.

And this post is late because I've been waiting for him so I can put a pic with this post, but now I'll have to post without it.  But I'll put a pic of Roshii after pickpocketing Hagara in it just so at least I have one picture on this post...


Farewell Dragon Soul!  I won't be seeing you again until I'm max level!

Comments

  1. i am suprised you guys killed anything with the new talent gearing / spell system.

    When I saw the talent tree i thought I accidentally logged into D3... FFS yeah, simplify the talent tree, yet offer TONS variability, blah blah blah (*insert bliz argument crap*). Well, from now on there are 3 specs per class, the talent trees are really a joke... I especially hate the "choose 1 per tier" system... that turned me off D3 (thank god I got it for free...) now, I am losing motivation getting the new expansion...

    Ksret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind it because it means everyone will play the same, it's more about how you play instead of how you spec. And it will be easier to compare yourselves to others because you are all specced the same. I hope you still come back Ksret :) we need more mages!

      Delete
    2. It also adds variability from glyphs as many are not clear cut dps upgrades. Adding in the new stat weighting of primary vs. secondaries we'll all have to think more about our specific characters than just follow what EJ says. Personally I like it.

      Also, actually asking me for a pic might be helpful in getting me to take one :P

      Delete
    3. I forgot last night and you didn't get on this evening!

      Delete
    4. Not exactly sure whether I agree with that. Spec can reflect personal play style as well.
      I prefer the old fashioned talent trees where there is more to customise. There are core talents each spec should take but then there are optional talents and sometimes even different more than 1 viable builds for one spec for certain purposes. We do follow EJ, but then there are points left for us to decide and these optional points provide the variability and quite often they are strong enough to show a difference.

      The new design means that we can use whatever talent point we wish and still be just effective as each other (I think that was the intent), of course except maybe one or two stand out talent points per class. However, these talent point are not different enough to feel a difference, you can Random it and not change anything.

      (worst of all, quite often the skill you like are all in the same tier while rest of the tier only have rubbish to you, and you still have to choose one)

      (I wasnt a big fan of the maxing out one tree before you can touch another tree back in Cata... I like it back in BC and vanilla where even hybrid builds can be invaluable to a raid).

      OMG and I have to respec all my toon again in the new style...

      Ksret

      Delete
    5. Don't worry Ksret, you'll get the hang of it. You might even like it!

      Delete
  2. I think you're crying those virtual tears cause leveling is coming, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's understandable that the new owner of a fancy new mount should be forgetful. You're dancing and squeeling and waking up neighbors. Who remembers to take a screenshot? Maybe that's just me.

    I suppose old raiders have finely tuned instincts to screenshot important things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of my guild leader squeeeing... Mr calm and collected who doesn't snap if you poke him with a stick... I can't imagine him squeeeeing :P

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you all were able to complete it one last time at level. And congratz Fueghan on your new mount!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In completely unrelated news, my son just went ape crazy at the Blues Clues paw in your header. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your son is awesome. He needs to be an honorary Frostwolf :D

      Delete
    2. Nice...the kid gets an invite before me....story of my life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(