Shared Topic: The Rules of Me

This week's Blog Azeroth Shared Topic is brought to us by Mataoka of Sugar and Blood:
What are your personal rules you wish others would know about you?

My personal rules are quite simple, and quite similar to a lot of other people's rules.  You know, the general sorts of rules:
  • Don't be a dick, and I won't be a passive-aggressive bitch
  • No name calling and aggressive slander in public chats (guild, trade, raid, BG)
  • Get OFF the F*^%ing quest turn ins.. PLEASE??
However, the PERSONAL rules are the ones I think Mataoka is interested in, and I have a couple of quirky things that I wish people would know so I wouldn't have to tell them:
  • Don't kill that rare that I'm trying to take a picture of.  I know you can't tell that I'm trying to compose the perfect shot, and even if I told you not to engage it whilst I was screenshotting it, it probably wouldn't stop you because you want that blue drop, or some other treasure it drops, but I wish people wouldn't just run in and grab a mob - you can see I'm not engaging it!  I always gesture at something to the opposite faction, you could do the same!  Or if you're the same faction, just ask me.
  •  If I'm raid healing and you die, you don't need to tell me you are dead.  I can see that.  And don't ask me for a Brez.  We have ONE and if we deem you worthy, you will get it.
  • I don't roll on caster gear that has hit on it.  But just because it doesn't have spirit on it, does not mean it's yours, caster-friend.  So don't yell at me about rolling on gear, I am intelligent enough to figure out fairly, what is good for me and what is not.  And I roll need on offspecs, yes, because anyone who is a mainspec I will happily hand it over - I am merely saving it from a DE.
  • Don't whinge at me for ignoring you, because I don't ignore anyone on purpose unless I put you on /ignore.  Most of the time, I haven't seen your tell, or worse, I've seen it and replied it but accidentally mistelled it to someone else.  So don't emo at me!
  • I was reminded of a silly rule that I had back in Burning Crusade, whereas the Mongoose enchant would NEVER drop from Moroes.  Every week, no drop.  For months.  It was probably almost a year before I got the enchant, but Mongoose became a dirty word in guild chat.  As a silly Navi thing, I would have a tantrum everytime someone said the word Mongoose, and if someone even said that word in guild chat, they would get a /gkick.  It was all in good fun, and I think it started because people started "taunting" me with their enchants and linking it and I had a gkick fest and of course they were all reninvited and their ranks reinstated.  Obviously I don't do that anymore since I have the enchant, and I worry about people losing guild rep for being removed from the guild...
Check out the rest of the responses for this week's shared topic!

Comments

  1. ... Mongoose ...

    TotA Can't /gkick me, damn iPad, who knows what this will say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have calmed down now! I actually have the enchant now :D

      Delete
  2. Herpestidae! :D

    It's been a lot of fun reading responses to this week's topic-- there are a lot of 'don't be a jerk' entries, but the fun ones are the dodgeballs and the weasels! ;) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navi, you know I am so public about my hot buttons, I now fear no one will speak to me for fear of a nuclear explosion. You're probably like me, though, and I wish folks would know this about me: once the storm has passed (my magic elixir is in writing), I move on. But yes, keep taunting me -- skaboom! Thank you so much for this post, and now off to BA to look at all the links!

      Delete
    2. LOL, I can't figure out why the scientific name for Mongoose has HERPES in it? I mean I know herpetology is the study of reptiles... LOL I can think of all sorts of non-complimentary things to say about why herpes and mongoose go together :P

      LOL Matty, I think you're right - I was almost afraid to talk to you when I think about your hot buttons but I know you - you're like a freak storm that blows in and blows out and then the weather is all sunny again.

      Delete
  3. " If I'm raid healing and you die, you don't need to tell me you are dead. I can see that. And don't ask me for a Brez. We have ONE and if we deem you worthy, you will get it."

    Truer words were never spoken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL hear hear Faye :) We healers understand :)

      Delete
  4. "Get OFF the F*^%ing quest turn ins.. PLEASE??"

    Hear, hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to go comment on your MASSIVE LIST of rules...

      Delete
  5. Our guildmistress has a thing about the word, well infer the original from our substitutes. The preferred one is "Budgie". The Raid Leader must call for Budgie-lust, which is wrong on all manner of levels.

    Ring of Budgies. Budgie-Queen Lana'thiel. Budgie-myst Isle. And, of course, Budgie Death Knights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the plan of a user in
    his/her brain that how a user can know it. Thus that's why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!
    Stop by my webpage ; later

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(