Questing mishaps we can all relate to

Sometimes reading quests makes things a WHOOOOLE lot easier.  Some really funny stories come from people not reading the quest....
  • Aza today was complaining because one of the Shado-Pan dailies was really frustrating - he had to kill 100 people.  He forgot to read the part where you pick up the Yaungol Oil to bomb the people which makes it a lot faster...
  • Back in WoTLK, a similar sort of thing happened with Tout. He was killing the Lieutenants and Gargoyles in Icecrown.. not realising you need to get on a mount and poke them with your stick... err.. with your jousting lance.
  • The number of times I have killed mobs and not done things to them like burn their bodies or plant flags in them....
  • And who hasn't been going around killing mobs thinking the droprate is rubbish and then realising that they were in a raid...
Then there are some really ANNOYING quests - unsurprisingly they are all dailies...
  • I hate carrying that torch for the August Celestials and trying not have it blown out by the cyclones.  It was the last stretch...
  • The Golden Lotus quest in Mistfall Village where you have to get barrels from the sprites.  People are ALWAYS ninjaing my barrels!  And then you agro a few and then I can't even pick up the barrel because I'm getting shot by a million little sprites, I'm surrounded my barrels and I'm screaming in frustration as random people come along and start picking them up...
So what are you funniest questing stories?  Or booboos?  And what quest do you like the LEAST (you can only pick one and you can't say "Dailies")?

Comments

  1. I'm in your kill zone ninjaing your barrels . . .

    I totally am! :D

    The best way I have found to farm those damn barrels is to go up on the terrace above the inn and just start pinging the guys. You won't chain too many extras and most of the barrel guys will run near you leaving their barrels within easy picking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the lock with the multi target life drain..... :) LOL and you get away from my barrels woman!

      Delete
    2. Hey now! I got rid of that talent! ;-)

      Plus I am destro so I don't have as easy of a time tagging all the mobs with instant casts :D

      Delete
  2. Aldonza was only the Alliance cooking and fishing quests for a long time and learned which took much longer than others. As a Mage, it became no trouble to see "I Need to Cask a Favor" and think, Nope! Off to Darnassus to see if their cooking quests was quicker! She also avoided "Live Bait" not because it was particularly long or anything, just the sound of those crayfish was SO ANNOYING!

    Mistakes like returning to a Quest Giver that isn't the turn-in only happen once. We tend to learn from our mistakes and hope noone notices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the Alliance cooking and fishing quests! I should do them once on my mage so at least I can experience them.

      Delete
  3. Saving the animals in Mount Hyjal back in Cataclysm, those damn things wouldn't stay still! And if you were experiencing any lag, well.....forget about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, trying to click that stuff when you're lagging is the PITS!

      Delete
  4. The worst quest for me was always trying to lasso Swiftclaw the raptor in the Troll starting area. The little bugger is FAST, and well, when you share your internet with a Doctor Who addict who constantly streams, forget about lassoing that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lag makes everything so terrible when questing! If I'm on a bad connection I can FORGET about any darkmoon dailies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(